Developing Winning Grant Proposals
- Be proactive and creative in seeking funding sources
- Make sure your request meets the grant criteria
- Follow the guidelines to the "letter"
- ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME
- Have others critique your proposal
- Identify possible sources
- Determine program needs - fit your case to meet criteria
- Develop idea and seek funding
- Internet sites
- Review application information
- Identify organization's overall objectives
- Ask yourself, "why should I get funded?"
- Spell out desired outcomes
- Solicit letters of support when applicable
- Replace organization's terminology in place of ag ed terminology
- "school-based learning" vs. "work-based learning"
- "connecting activities" vs. "SAE"/"FFA"
- Ask two or three colleagues to provide review - Give them evaluative criteria
- Review thoroughly!